Thursday, January 7, 2010

CUSHION COVERS

OH...How I LOVE designing cushion covers...

 BEHOLD MY "BABIES"... from different collections...

I luv this...i took an inspiration from the flowers that float in the water...the ones I often see in Spa houses.... I personally sew this for sampling... the tailors from our production department had a hard time making the right swatches for this...
 
This one was the result of playing with my boring reluctant hours... I saw this lovely tissue organza which , at that time was newly bought... I fell in love with the fabric.., i touched it and play my hands on it..I accidentally  pinched a portion and twisted it...and this was the result ..I  quickly called the Master Tailor and explained this design to him... after a few minutes, they showed me this =) 
 
This design was for our Valentine Collection which were presented to the Middle East, US and European buyers... The inspiration was from the "roses and pearls" concept which I normally see in the weddings... 

One of my pioneer works when I was starting my career as a Designer in India... 

A brave designer must not be afraid to experiment new looks and get rid of the stereotypes...In the Middle East, the use of Dupion silks are popular ..., and honestly, I got tired of using them... That time I was badly missing my country ...so probably that inspired me to do an Asian theme for my design....I used jute and that light cotton fabric ( I forgot what it is called) similar to organza...and made a "Back to Nature" concept.... the highlight of this collection was the lovely sweet-scented potpourries.., thus calling it the Potpourri Collection... This was liked, surprisingly by  two of our main buyers in the Middle East... This design was also sent to Singapore... 


This design is also part of the Potpourri Collection...

 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment