Thursday, January 7, 2010

THE "ACACIA" COLLECTIONS

Originally, I named this as the "SAND FLOWERS" Collection...
This was one of our urgent  projects for the buyers from the  Middle East countries last December, 2009...

Our production manager was busy packing up all these items in her baggages which she has to take along with her in Doha, 
the place where my boss currently stays...
They'll meet there.., and the next day, they'll be meeting up the buyers..,

Maybe she wasn't able to see the name which i placed on my design sheets.., so she she wrote "ACACIA" as a code reference on the tag card....


Undoubtedly,  this is a stunning design,  but I never thought that it would come out like this...
at first, i find  it DUMB to do such floral theme  for this cushion..., I could have made some pleat works instead....but looking at the fabrics that i have picked from the market, I think I really have to "echo" the floral design on this brown dupion.....

Another thing, we were asked to make 3 different kinds of cushion, one in basic at a cheap  price,  another one with some play of fabrics with some treatments, whether with embroidery, some beadworks, etc, but the  price must be moderate.....and finally, one as a full-beaded cushion...., yes.., a little expensive...

 
This cushion cover should have had swarovzki tapes on the edges of the brown striped fabrics... We were running out of time and these designs should be packed immediately... i wasn't also sure of the design at the center, i just asked the tailors to stuff it with polyfill and do the stitchings as seen on my design sheet. 
After a few minutes, they showed it to me  and went to the "ardava" guys..., the ones who do the manual beadworks and zardozi  stuffs.... I asked some matching beads and  "cut dana's", as they call it..., and after a few seconds, i just decided to put cut danas in circles, also to conceal the stitch threads.......  

The buyers liked the simplicity of the design..., some of them requested to make another full collection  out of this design...




I love making chair covers.... it's really fun !!! Whenever I do designs for these, I simply think of dressing up a princess....., and eventually, nice things come out of my imagination...



I just remembered, some buyers from Dubai picked this table cover design for some wedding or related functions... Our production manager asked me to design 2 more chair covers of different looks,  but will go with  this theme...


 
There should have been some cut danas at the flowers..., but they ran out of time... 

Anyways.., to sum it all up... the feedback for this collection and the outcome of the meeting was REALLY REALLY GOOD...... All our designs were  all SOLD OUT....
Such a blessing..., and truly, one of a good ways to end up the year 2009...

(",)/

No comments:

Post a Comment